Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas MeMe

Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer wrapping paper and making the gift look pretty with everything coordinating- but the lazy part of me gets bags- this year though I am wrapping all since the cost is WAY Cheaper to wrap.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I have artificial- but I would love a real tree. The cost factor is what keeps my artificial tree going.

3. When do you put up the tree? whenever the mood hits me. I don't like to put it up in November because Thanksgiving is my favorite Holiday and I don't want to take away from it.

4. When do you take the tree down? After three kings day (January 6Th) since we keep the Argentine tradition of celebrating 3 Kings day.

5.Do you like eggnog? No

6. Favorite gift received as a child? That is a good question- Gifts were precious to us so they all seemed special- I do remember one year getting a home made cabbage patch doll. I guess you could say that was special since I remember it!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband- We usually put a cap on what we will spend and his likes and wants are always SO much more than the budget. This year was fun shopping for him.

8. Easiest person to buy for? my friend Gabby. She enjoys so much.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes I have 3. One my parents got for me in Israel in 1998 made of out Olive Wood. One is a Willow Tree set that I have at the office and the 3rd one is a miniature set I used to have at my desk when I taught at Faith Christian School.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail- I love sending them and I ABSOLUTELY love receiving cards.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? This is a good one and we still laugh about it today- Paul one year got me a fish tank- He wanted to start a fish collection so I got the Fish tank as a gift. I think that the guilt of the gift got to him because he then when out and got me a BEAUTIFUL pearl necklace.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I really like The Grinch.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I like to have all my shopping done before Halloween. I do not like shopping during the Christmas rush. I constantly look for gifts throughout the year. After Christmas sales are the best.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes I have recycled a gift- like Bath and Body Works scents I don't like.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? my mothers homemade rolls. They are YUMMY.

16. Lights on the tree? yes.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Ring the Bells

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Would love to travel and be with family- But not able to this year! :-(

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? no and really not interested in learning them either.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Our Tradition is one gift Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? the cranky people. You would think that it is a joyous season but I see lots of CRANKY people this time of year.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love homemade ornaments. I prefer them to all the ornaments that are bought.

24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? homemade pies.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I really have no wants this year. I have been very blessed with all of my needs and wants met- so I have had a hard time giving Paul ideas this year. Let's see what he comes up with! :-)

Now it's your turn. Go ahead and fill out your own answers and post on your blog!

No comments: