Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Friday

Good thing it is Friday- I believe that this long weekend is overdue. I am excited about going to Denver/Colby Kansas- It will be good to see Uncle Aldo and Aunt Alice with the clan. Aunt Alice said that it would be approximately 16 people at IHOP where we are meeting! This is great that I will be able to see /meet everyone. There are some new family members that I have not had a chance to meet.
Then to make that trip 3 1/2 hour trip to Colby Kansas will be interesting as well. This way I can get more reading done. I have started a new book by Cathy Marie Hake (she is wonderful) and it has me at the edge of my seat with anticipation!
Yesterday was our monthly book club meeting. We met at RE Tapas. The food was fabulous! Unique items were served like suffed dates- I never thought I would enjoy this one but it was YUMMY in my tummy- Dates stuffed with blue cheese and then wrapped with bacon and baked. YUMMMY!!!! The also had grilled romaine salad.... Interesting- Warm salad with fetta cheese and balsamic vinagrette. They also had empandas (not quite what I expected but good)

4 comments:

Kim said...

Welcome to Bloggyland! I should tell you blogging can be ADDICTIVE. So you know I was VERY excited when I found out how 'CONNECTED' we could be here in Argentina :-)
My post today is LOOOONG but had a lot to share :-) God is SO good!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Have a GREAT time... take lots of pictures and be sure to tell Uncle Aldo, Aunt Kim and the rest of the gang that we say Hi!
We will be praying that you have a safe trip and that you don't have any problems during your drive to Colby Kansas.
Love, Lizzie

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

sorry I meant Aunt Alice... I guess I need to read my comments through before posting :-)

riTa Koch said...

I just discovered your blog and am so excited! I think our whole family will become so much more connected.
Kim is right, it is addictive!
Have fun on your trip and post photos of the Hoyt mini-reunion.