Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Final Destination

I am so Thankful that I am saved and that I know my "Final Destination". There are so many lost people out there that fear death. I had a conversation with a lady one day and she was telling me how scared she was to die because she did not know for sure where she would be going- She then proceeded to ask me "why aren't you scared of dying" (Thank you God for opening that door for me) and then I told her that I knew my "final destination". She listened to what I said but was not convinced since she is very thoroughly indoctrinated "Mormon". They believe that they have 4 outcomes to death- First is the "celestial Kingdom" where you are with Heavenly Father- This is where all Mormons strive to be- and the requirements are being baptized Mormon and keeping the sabbath and doing good things- No one knows for sure if they have done enough Good things to get them to the Celestial Kingdom. Then there are two other kingdoms- the Terrestial and Telestial. These two kingdoms are not as good as the Celestial but it will still be some kind of Kingdom- The Final is Outer Darkness where REALLY Bad people go. No wonder my friend was not certain of where she will go- Who can measure how much good is enough to get you in the celestial Kingdom? And then- who gets the glory for the works? Since it is the person doing the works- I would guess that the person gets the glory-
I am so thankful that SALVATION is a FREE gift and that one must only accept the gift and believe it- NOT earn it by good works. Ephesians 2: 8-9 says it really well- "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (KJV)
Thank you GOD for the FREE gift of salvation.

No comments: