Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

Today- day 2 of professional administrative appreciation week I made an Amish Dairy Casserole and a Broccoli Cauliflower salad.

I told the girls that I was going to try a recipe out of my Amish Book.

Here is the recipe for the casserole... it does look yummy!


8 cups of shredded raw potatoes
2 cups uncooked macaroni
2 cups fresh or frozen peas
2 cups cooked ground beef
3 teaspoons of salt
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cups of shredded cheese
2 quarts of milk


Preheat oven to 325. Layer ingredients in large baking dish in order given and pour milk over all. Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Yields 15 servings.



Does that not sound YUMMY?


I was perplexed at the combination of ingredients- potatoes and macaroni- When discussing this recipe with my mom she made a good point that the Amish work hard so they eat hardy meals.
This made total sense to me!

Let's see how the end result goes!

1 comment:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

that sounds good.. i wonder if I didnt put the macaroni in it... if it would still turn out...
Let me know how your recipe turns out...