Monday, November 23, 2009

Our Pre-Thanksgiving

Paul and I decided we were going to have a Pre-Thanksgiving with a turkey and then on Thanksgiving day have Ham. SO Sunday I prepared our turkey- The picture above is what our turkey looked like. It was YUMMY- and it is the first turkey that I did by myself in the oven. We fried a turkey one year and the remainder of our Thanksgivings have been at someone else's house where we did not cook the turkey. Paul and I enjoyed our little pre-thanksgiving day- making memories. We had mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, stuffing and pumpkin pie.
For Thanksgiving I will make the ham with scallop potatoes, cooked carrots, sweet potatoes and lemon meringue pie.
This weekend was a peaceful one. Friday night, Ana treated me to a movie- NEW MOON. It was a good movie. We were surrounded by teenagers- it was amusing. Saturday Paul and I spent the day relaxing, drinking mate and enjoying our "facturas" from the french bakery. We also called Argentina and Paul spoke to his father for quite a while. It was nice catching up on things in Argentina.
Sunday- we enjoyed church and then our Pre-Thanksgiving meal. I cleaned the turkey and froze some of the turkey and kept some out for dinners this week.
This week should be a slow week. A lot of people take the entire week off. Great time to get caught up and take it easy.
Looking forward to what the Lord has in store for us this week.
Until the next one.....
Psalm 92:1
IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH.

No comments: