November is usually my favorite month. This year has been a little different. It has been a tough year over all. I got to thinking that how I view things can also make it better or worse. For example- if I only look at the negative - my focus will be negative- and I will keep thinking of only the negative. This reminded me of when we used to foster the boys. Paul and I would get tired of hearing them complain about things or their siblings- so we started making them list 10 things they were happy/thankful for. At first the boys struggled with this- but once they had to do it more than once it started to come easier to them- and in the end I believe it helped them realize how much we should be happy/thankful for. So, I am challenging myself this way also-
I am going to list 10 things I am happy/thankful for:
1. My Saviour Jesus Christ- who came to save us- without HIM we have NOTHING. (John 3:16)
2. My loving husband- who despite all my flaws he still loves me unconditionally.
3. My family- who have been a great encouragement through EVERYTHING in my life. They laugh with me, cry with me and always jump at the opportunity to help us out.
4. My church- I am thankful that I have a place I can go to where the TRUTH is taught.
5. Ana- She is the reason I succeed at Landini & Associates. She is such a positive person- always smiling, always humming, and always excited for the adventures of a new day.
6. A good nights sleep- last night I slept 9 hours (something I have not done in a while). It is amazing what being well rested does to a body.
7. My job- yes I am thankful that I still have a job- even when things are rough- at least I have a job- when so many people are jobless these days.
8. Good deals- (I know that this one sounds silly but let me explain) Paul and I are spending Thanksgiving alone this year. I got a 16 lb turkey for $4.88- This is a GREAT deal (or at least I thought so).
9. Our house- even though we owe more than what the house is worth- we still have one and still make our monthly payments. PRAISE the LORD for that- when so many are foreclosing on their homes- we will do all it takes to continue to pay and honor the debt we have.
10. The lovely Scenery- the sky is clear the mountains have white caps on them and the air is crisp.
Okay- that felt good. I definitely need to keep doing that!