Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Happy Good Friday All- !!!
Today is a short day for me. We close our office at noon! Hooray! I am meeting with Lana, my friend, for lunch. She is taking us to lunch and to get pedicures for the good month we had in March with her company. Then I will be going to Sam's club with her to get lunch meat and bread since we are doing a "feeding the homeless" project tomorrow. We have to make at least 100 sandwiches. I am really looking forward to this project. I find that helping out the community is an excellent way to reach out for the Lord.
I am also making plans for Easter- Ana will be with us and I want to make it a special one for her since her family will not be with her. I am not sure what it is about Easter that I always long to be with my family. Most holidays I handle pretty well- however Easter usually leaves me family-sick- (I don't say homesick because my home is where I live with Paul)
I will have to take some pictures (if I remember) of our day today and tomorrow. I am sure you all would love to see some!
Have a wonderful day my blogger friends!

3 comments:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Happy Easter! Tonight Mike and I are going to a Passion Play and I am really looking forward to it... never been to this church but it's huge so I think the play will be a huge production...
I miss the family too...we aren't doing anything traditional... we are probably going to have a picnic with some church families...Have a great time with Lana...and enjoy your pedicure!

Lhoyt said...

I miss all of you at these times (Resurrection Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's) But that is not unusual, since live has been a series of 'missing people' for me. While an MK, I always missed extended family, even though I hardly knew them. And while in the States, I missed the folks in Argentina. I'm reading a book Aunt Rita gave me on the subject, and it seems to be a common thread in the existence of all Third Culture Kids.

Lhoyt said...

BTW, we will be traveling to Myrtle Beach (Michael, Mom, Rachel and I) and spend a little time with Aunt Judy and, if possible, with Uncle Skip.