Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Madness

Monday is such a hard day for me. I feel like the weekend was just not long enough to get things done and I have to be at work. I usually have a lot more phone calls to deal with on Monday. And it never fails Mondays I am ALWAYS tired when I should be rested from the weekend. I had so many plans this weekend to get things done around the house that have been neglected, but once again my plans got changed. I did manage to pull weeds, do laundry, go grocery shopping and clean the office. But that is about it. I need to budget my time more wisely, I am very good at making lists of what needs done but when it comes down to it- I usually rather spend time with my husband or friends than to actually complete the list and then I carry this guilt for not getting things done that get ignored week after week. So, now I have to make a real effort to get things done before my sister gets here. I really don't like her coming to a dirty house.

Project for the following days:

Tuesday- work in the spare room. Finish putting away ALL the clothes and get the give aways in bags ready to donate.
Wednesday- Clean thoroughly the master bathroom and master bedroom (this will probably take 2 days since I have LOTS to do and can only do them at night after I get home from work)
Thursday- Finish cleaning master bedroom.
Friday- Clean the refrigerator and kitchen
Saturday- regular Saturday chores along with cleaning the car and washing the car. Work in the garage to get it cleaned and organized.
Sunday- DAY OF REST. Definitely need this day to rest, read, relax.
Monday- Finish the living room. Go through all drawers of chest and make sure to de-clutter.
Tuesday- Clean the 3rd bathroom since Lizzie will be using it and get her place ready for visiting.
Wednesday- Lizzie arrives. Hopefully ALL things will be done the right way and not RUSHED through.

I will keep you all posted on how I stay on track... pictures of end results would be great!

2 comments:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I am more than happy to help when I get to your house. I know you put in alot of hours at work and are tired when you get home.

So make a list and let me help you out!

Love you and can't wait to see you!

riTa Koch said...

You reminded me to get back to my list.