Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I hear music


Lizzie is always a happy person. When she comes to visit me she is always smiling, always singing. She cheers my days. My biggest fear since Mike's passing is that she would not sing for a while. I was telling Paul how I am going to miss hearing her hum and sing.

Sunday morning when we went to her house to spend the day with her I walked in the house and I heard music. It made me happy that she was listening to music. What came next truly made me feel happy- Lizzie came out of her bedroom humming along with the song. I had to swallow hard to avoid crying in front of her (even though I had been doing lots of crying!). The music will not stop and for that I am EXTREMELY thankful.

2 comments:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I love music... specifically Christ honoring music! He is the one giving me the strength and the joy that I do have in my heart!

Lhoyt said...

So much to be thankful for. We'll have to resurrect the Hoyt choir--it kinda fell by the wayside.