We have had many ups and downs... lately it has felt like more down than ups... But I keep resting on the knowledge that GOD is in total control. Proverbs 3:5 reminds me that I cannot lean on my own understanding on what is going on in our lives. God has a purpose for it all.
A change in our lives this year is the health of my sister. In March, Lizzie gave me the scare of my life. I can honestly say that I have never been so scared in my life. Lizzie had a grand mal seizure on our way home from work. The Lord gives grace.... that is all I need to say.. ONLY with God's help did I make it to the hospital. The whole event was very traumatizing to me. I still on occasion have nightmares of the whole experience. Lizzie has been through MRI's, EEG's several medicines and still we have no real answer to what is causing her to have seizures- which she still has one a daily basis. Praise the Lord that they are mini seizures and not the grand mal ones. It is very hard to see her fragile. I pray for her daily and I'm constantly looking for solutions.... which brings me to the EXCITING news....
In an effort to look for natural solutions for Lizzie I started doing research on Essential Oils. We have a lady at church that is in to essential oils and she has mentioned several times about the benefits of essential oils. I decided that I was going to do some research. I honestly was quite skeptical about using EO's.
I started reading about them- I did research on several companies and found out that there are MANY companies out there. After SO much research I made the decision to join Young Living as a Distributor.
These are the reasons I chose Young Living over the other EO companies:
- Young Living owns their own farms. They have farms all across the world.
- I can visit the farms and participate in the Harvest and distillation process if I want to.
- Young Living is committed to being responsible stewards of the environment.
- All batches of EO's are tested in house and by a 3rd Party testing company to ensure quality.
- All of the pest control done at the farms is done by using EO's.
- Young Living has 20 years of experience and research.
- Young Living does not use OIL brokers. They grow and distill the product.
- Young Living oils are 100% Therapeutic Grade (which is top of the line)
I received the kit and immediately started to put the products to a test.
The first item I wanted to try was the diffuser. I plugged it in and added lavender oil to the water. The diffuser is awesome. It infused the air with the calming smell of lavender in my room. The whole room smelled really nice. The best part is that I did not have to worry about the water running out- the machine automatically shuts off when the water is low.
Next I wanted to see if frankincense would work on a wart. I did some research about how to remove warts with EO's. My hubby has been fighting a wart on his pinky for over 3 weeks using an over the counter medication. Needless to say it was not getting better and even at one point it looked like mold was growing on it. I took the frankincense and applied directly to the wart.. Only one drop- this stuff is strong. I have been applying it for a week now and the wart is almost gone. The finger is a little dry- I think what happened is the EO dries the area out and kills it- so I have been applying some moisturizer to it as well.
I also did some research on moles and how to remove them. I have been applying Oregano EO for a week to an annoying mole I have on my waist. After a weeks application I am seeing some improvement. The mole seems to be drying up around the edges. I did read that moles can take a little longer to remove- up to 3 or 4 weeks... so I am patiently waiting to see the results with Oregano EO.
I researched seizures and found that there are actual EO's that can trigger seizures- good thing I did some research so that I can avoid those for Lizzie's sake, however I did read that Frankincense can help with Seizures. Lizzie has been applying frankincense EO for a week now to her temples and wrists at night before she goes to sleep. The past 2 days she has not had a seizure- I am not going to say 100% that its the EO because she also did some med changes- But you never know- I just want to start using more natural items.
I have been so pleased with my EO's that I wanted to share. I don't like to push anything on anyone- I sure don't like it when someone does it to me- but I wanted to inform you all of my new discovery and the benefits that I have seen.
I am planning on blogging more about my EO's experience and the different essential oils out there with their benefits.
In honor of my new venture I am going to do a give away- I am going to do a give away of 2 EO's.
To enter please leave a comment- anything will do- Just a comment.... NOW that's easy right?
Be sure to enter by November 10, 2014. I will be drawing a winner on November 11, 2014- to Celebrate Veterans Day.
If you would like to try out EO's as well- you can sign up as a wholesale member- just like I did- if you do not feel comfortable signing up I am more than willing to buy the product for you at my Wholesale price... I am not really interested in making money I am more interested in helping you out the most natural way possible.
If you have any questions I am always available via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will do my best to answer any questions you may have.
If you want to sign up follow the instructions below and once I get a confirmation that you signed up under me I will send you a special gift.
How To Sign Up As A Young Living Wholesale Member (and save 24% on your oils!)
1. Click on the sign-up page. You will need a sponsor in order to get started. My member number is: 2142683 – You can place this in both top boxes.
2. Select “Sign Up As: Young Living Wholesale Member”. This will make you a distributor, if you select customer you will not be getting the wholesale discount.
3. The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes should already be filled in for you. (you can enter 2142683 if nothing appears in the boxes mentioned)
4. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact info. (The reason you are asked to list your social security number is for tax purposes. If you make over $600/year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail, as is required by law. Young Living will never share this info with anyone. Alternately, you can use a tax ID if you have one)
5. Create your password and pin which you will use to log in to your account and order your oils. These are good numbers to write down or memorize because you will use them a lot!
6. Select your enrollment order. This is where you can specify which Starter Kit you would like, I recommend the Premium Starter Kit (you get the most for your money). You must sign up with a kit to become a Wholesale Member. To maintain your 24% discount going forward, you only need to spend $50 each subsequent year with Young Living on any product in their store. That’s it! You can also purchase other items at this time if you wish. You will not have a monthly obligation to buy or sell ever!
7. Set up your *optional* Essential Rewards Program. Now don’t be confused by this next step. Buying one of the Essential Rewards kits is not a requirement to sign up as a Wholesale Member! This is a rewards program you can opt into to start earning money back to help pay for your oils. At this point, you can skip this step by selecting “No, thank you. I plan on enrolling in the Essential Rewards Program later”. If one of the Essential Rewards kits looks valuable to you then by all means get one in addition to your starter kit. One of the perks of the Essential Rewards Program is your ability to earn points towards free oils! I am on the monthly ER program and love it, but again it is entirely optional and you can decide to enroll in that at any time. You can read more about essential rewards HERE.
8. Agree to Terms & Conditions.
9. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER. Many folks miss this step and end up not fully checking out. To confirm, the tool will log you in and it will show you your order again and it will make you enter in your payment information again. We wouldn’t want that to happen because then you would not get your oils!
*For those who are more visual learners (like me), HERE is a great tutorial for signing up, and HERE is a short video!
That’s it! Congratulations! Welcome to the amazing world of essential oils!
DISCLAIMER: I am not an MD. The information on this blog is not intended to be taken as medical advice. Please share the posts you enjoy, someone else might find them useful too. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. Thanks for stopping by!