Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Update Update Update

It is time to update everyone on our life.

I cannot believe that the last post I had was in November- I guess that is an indication of my busy, busy life.

Let me go back and update you all.
Thanksgiving was a joyous time for us with Paul's parents visiting us.  We had a wonderful time of catching up and just enjoying each others company. 

December was a whirlwind month.   After much prayer and much discussion we started the process of buying a condo for my parents to live at.  We found a really nice condo 1.3 miles from our current home.  On December 22 we closed on the condo and started to move my parents in to their condo.  The last night they spent with us was Christmas night.  Then on Friday the 26th of December we moved the remainder of their items to the condo. 
They have settled in really well and have made it really cozy and homey.

Another big change in our lives was where we are attending church.  After months of praying for clear direction we took the first step and left the church.  It was very hard to do which is why we spent many months in prayer about it. 
I will be honest.... it was not an easy decision and it was not one made lightly.  Many tears were shed on both sides... but we knew what God wanted us to do and we took the step in obedience.

I am reminded of the verses in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Our Season at Canyon Springs Baptist Church has come to an end.  This was especially hard for me.  I spent many hours praying and pleading God for clear direction.  The most important for Paul and I was to make sure that we were following God's lead no matter what the cost-

It's now January and we are finally getting into a comfortable routine and it is time for me to start blogging again.  My desire this year is to blog more often.  I know that there is family that keeps updated through this blog and I want to make sure to keep it up!

Update on my sister Lizzie- she has been getting much better and the seizures are coming less and less which is a huge answer to prayer.  She still occasionally has  small mini seizure especially with extra stressful situations.  I have figured out that if we keep life as constant and steady as possible she seems to be overall well but when you put her in situations that are new or very stressful her body reacts by giving her a seizure. 

Life with Young Living Essential Oils has been wonderful.  I can truly say that after a little over 2 months of using them daily I actually do feel better! 
I have not gotten sick- when everyone seems to be sick around me, I have more energy since drinking my daily 2 ounces of Ningxia Red, and I wake up rested and refreshed every day.

In celebration of my return to blogging I will be doing a giveaway starting tomorrow. I will be doing 5 giveaways! You heard me right... 5 really special gifts I will be giving away... Make sure to tune in and see what I have to give away starting tomorrow. 

See you all tomorrow!!!! 




1 comment:

Linda said...

I guess you now have room for visitors! When shall we book our trip!

I'm so glad H and P were able to visit you. We sure enjoyed them, and of course, grandma, when they were here!

Your life still sounds busy. I kind of know what you mean about changing churches. If we were to leave ours, it would cause a big upheaval, both in our lives, and in the church! We've been going here for 43 years! A long time!!!

We love you guys!