Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tis the Season

Christmas is my 2nd favorite time of the year! (Thanksgiving is my favorite) The office is decorated and my nativity set is out. My Christmas shopping is done and all I have left is decorating my house. I am having a hard time with this part! Maybe it is because Paul and I are usually the only ones at Christmas and I feel like just for us it is not worth it... and in reality we spend minimal time at home that I feel like by the time I get the tree up and the other decorations up that it is time to take them down.... But- for the sake of Paul and the homey feeling I am going to set everything up this weekend. We also invited Pastor Mario Alsina and his wife over for Christmas since their family is in Argentina. I am going to plan the menu out for dinner that day. I cannot make the "traditional" Christmas meals since Paul and the Alsinas really prefer an Argentine style dinner. Probably an "asado" (steaks on the grill) potato salad, fruit salad and french bread. Maybe a green leaf salad also. Not sure if I will do anything else. The fruit salad is for dessert.
Today I made a dessert for the office. Margarita Delight (no worries no alcohol)- YUMMY. I wanted to try a new recipe and I use my office as the guinea pigs.

2 comments:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

if the new recipe is a hit you will have to share it with us....

Kathy said...

It was a hit! They all loved it! It is really easy and I can share with you if you want!