Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

Happy 2011!!!

I have been reflecting this past weekend on all the blessings that GOD has given us. It is so easy to think that 2010 was a rough year- but would it be true? The year went exactly as GOD wanted it to go- who am I to expect things to go one way or another? So- Yes I will say that 2010 was a hard year, but I THANK GOD for the trials he is putting us through to REFINE us. Here are some of the trials that we have been through this year- which resulted in blessings from GOD.

1. In January Paul was laid off of work. Even though we somewhat anticipated the lay off it was still a hard TRIAL we had to endure. The lay off put a pause on school for Paul.

2. February we spent looking for a job for Paul. It was not a very pleasant task. Paul was VERY discouraged. Interviews were scarce, unemployment was NO fun.

3. Brandon, a coworker of mine, told me that his neighbor works for a company that was looking for network technicians. Paul applied for the job. They called him for an interview and God blessed him with a job. So March brought a job for Paul. We gave our praises to GOD for supplying a job for Paul.

4. April was a challenging month for Paul. Besides adjusting to a new job, they also gave him a challenge- to compete with another employee for Level II position. I immediately started praying that God's will be done. The selfish part of me wanted him to get the Level II position, however the reality of it was I needed to pray for GOD's will not KATHY's will. Paul's work ethic and demeanor won him the job. Here we were again Blessed by GOD.

5. In May we had a cruise planned out of California. I convinced Lizzie and Mike to go with us. I am SO THANKFUL that God worked it out for Mike and Lizzie to go. I made so many memories of Mike- that I will treasure forever. I am going to share one that I often think of- When Paul and I took Mike and Lizzie to the airport so they could fly home, Mike got out of the car and gave us a hug goodbye. When Mike gave a hug- it was not a wimpy hug- He gave a good bear hug. I remember the hug like it was yesterday- then he looked me straight in the eyes and said- " You know I love you right?" At the time I thought- how silly- of course I know you love me. and I replied- I know, I love you too. WHAT A HUGE gift God gave me with that memory!

6. June 15 Paul and I celebrated our 12 year anniversary. Paul was also able to start school back up!

7. July was really a good month. Lizzie came out and we went on a girls cruise for her birthday.

8. August a month I will not forget. August 17 marks a very, very hard day for our family- especially my sister. I was awoken early to find out that Mike went home to be with the Lord. I know that I spent the next few days just numb- everything and everyone made me cry. I was sad for Lizzie, and I spent many sleepless nights.

9. September we took Dad and Mom on a cruise to celebrate their 40th anniversary. We are so Thankful that we were able to do this. It was a good to get away and do something to take our minds off of the sad month before.

10. October we made the road trip from Atlanta to Las Vegas with my aunt Judy and mom. What a fun trip. Even though the circumstances of Lizzie moving out here were not the best- we made the most of it and had fun.

11. November we traveled to South Carolina to be with everyone. We had a good quick trip but a necessary trip. We needed to be with each other after a few rough months.

12. December is usually one of my favorite months, but somehow this year it just did not seem the same. We had a good Christmas with Dad and Mom flying out to spend a few days with us. We finished the year at the Pastor's house for a time of fun and fellowship.

God has been good and will continue to be good to us- because HIS faithfulness is NEVER failing! I look forward to seeing what HE has in store for us in 2011.

1 comment:

Lhoyt said...

Thank you, Kathy, for the condensed version of your year. It brought back so many wonderful memories. That was surely a lot of traveling for you.