Monday, August 13, 2012

Life Seminar

This weekend we had a Life Seminar at church.  It was a full weekend but well worth it.  Pastor Jeffers from Pennsylvania came to our church and spoke at the seminar.  It was quite a lot of information to digest in one sitting- good thing we got a notebook that we can now go through slowly and chew on the information more slowly- digesting truth by truth slowly.

I also taught Sunday School this week to a group of kids from 3-8 years old.  They were a blast.  The theme of the Sunday School lesson was that God takes care of HIS people.  The story I told was the Story of Esther.  Preparing for the lesson had me thinking about what Esther went through.  Would I have been able to do what she did?  Would I have had the FAITH that she had to go the King and "rat" out Haman?  I believe I would have been very afraid- to the point of hesitant.  But she Trusted that GOD would take care of her.  I needed that reminder!

Then last night for the final session we sang that deeply touched me.  Read the lyrics below.

Rejoice in the Lord - By Ron Hamilton

God Never moves without purpose or plan
When trying His servant and molding a man
Give thanks to the Lord though your testing seems long;
In darkness he giveth a song

Chorus
Oh Rejoice in the Lord
He makes no mistake
He knoweth the end of each path that I take
For when I am tried and purified
I shall come forth as gold

I could not see through the shadows ahead;
So I looked at the cross of my savior instead
I bowed the the will of the Master that day;
Then peace came and tears fled away

Chorus

Now I can see testing comes from above
God strengthens His children and purges in love
My father knows best and I trust in His care
Through purging more fruit I will bear

Chorus

What a powerful song!  If you want to listen to it click on this link:  http://youtu.be/1iJLgasicRI

Blessings,


Vegas girl!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this, Kathy. It was just what I needed to read right now. Thank you. Even after all our time and distance apart, you are still my sister in my heart. <3 I love you!

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this song, Kathy...it was just exactly what I needed to hear right now. Even after all the time and distance between us, you are still my sister in my heart. I love you! <3

riTa Koch said...

Thank you for sharing.
We were listening to Esther when your dad was here. Powerful story!